Commonly knows as social network and micro-blogging service- Twitter has many uses for both personal and business use. It’s a great way to keep in touch with your friends and quickly broadcast information about where you are and what you’re up to. It also became a powerful communication tool that changed how information is shared online. If you spent some time using Twitter you more than likely have wanted to know how to get verified too!
With over 300 million users, everybody wants to be verified on this platform. That blue badge denotes that you are a real person and it increases your credibility and accountability to the public. People with authority are in high demand because influencer marketing is the next big thing on the internet right now. Being verified makes you part of the elite, high profile and most influential public figures.
Without further ado, let’s move through the steps for how to get verified on Twitter.
THOROUGHLY COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE
Here are the components you should consider on your Twitter profile.
• Bio this needs to be very clear of who you are and what you’re doing. Keep it simple and straight to the point.
• Profile Photo people judge you by your profile pic, so if you just uploaded some random photo you might want to rethink your photographic introduction to the world. Your profile photo says a lot of who you are.
• Header Photo -this should reflect you or your brand.
• Website – this increases your credibility. A great functioning website is a plus!
CONFIRM YOUR INFORMATION
- Add your mobile phone number to your account. Once you do this, you will receive a text message with a confirmation number to use to verify your number.
- Use your business email to link to your account. If you own a business or hold a high profile position you need to use your work email.
TIP: I would also suggest enabling two-factor authentication, as well, to help secure your account. You’ll thank me later.
PUBLIC PROFILE – you need to set the tweets in to “public” in Twitter’s privacy settings. You need to make sure your account is public.
You also need a scanned copy of a government-issued ID (like a passport or driver’s license)
Once you have updated your Twitter profile to meet all of these requirements, head to verification.twitter.com and fill out the form step by step.
For more information on how to get verified on Twitter , watch the video below!
Like, Comment and Subscribe MillionsByNefu
If you like this article, don’t forget to like, comment and share !